Suggestions for completing the online grant application
Creating Your Application
- Type your grant request in a text document, such as Microsoft Word, per the direction in the Grant Guidelines. Once complete, cut and paste your responses to the appropriate response field in the application.
- All information in the application must be in text format without bullets or tables. Tables should be attached as a separate document identified the same as referenced in the application.
- Do not retype the application questions in your responses as this will waste available response space.
- If any changes are made to the application during the ‘Review’ step, remember to press “update” to ensure changes are saved.
- Spellcheck the application prior to submitting.
- Press “Review My Application” before submitting to ensure that all fields are completed appropriately.
- Clearly title all tables and attachments with both the organization’s name and the title of the attached document.
- To include the attachment in the application, scroll to choose the title of the attachment, browse to find your file’s name, then press “upload” to attach each file to the application.
- Safeguard your username and password, which were established with your initial grant request. Once established, your password will be used for all future reporting and requests.
- The Foundation’s office does not have access to your password. We will be unable to supply it at a later date.
- It is advised that an organization uses a common account or shares the account information with others in the same office.
- For example, Person A wrote the grant, and Person B is reporting on the grant. Most communications regarding the grant are sent to person A who wrote the grant if they are still with the organization. Person B only gets informed and can access the reporting mechanism if they receive the account information from Person A.
- Please note that grants cannot be assigned to a different account.
Retrieving Saved Applications
- Partially completed and saved applications can be retrieved by copying and pasting the following address in your web browser: http://www.grantrequest.com/SID_771
- The reporting forms for both interim and final reporting will be available on the website 30 days before the reports’ deadlines.
- The email and password used to create the account when the application was submitted will be needed to access the online interim and final report forms.
HAVE A QUESTION?
We’d love to hear from you! Whether you’re working on an application, want to share good news, or need to brainstorm a new idea, we appreciate every opportunity to visit and learn with you.
© 2018 Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation