A focus on place.
Whether local is a block, a neighborhood, or a community, the Foundation will serve as a catalyst for place-based collaboration focused on creating economic mobility, increasing access to quality education and housing, and improving health outcomes.
To inform this work, a focus on the data in our 10-parish service area led us to prioritize the eight ZIP codes that comprise the area typically referred to as North Baton Rouge. Forty percent of the parish resides in North Baton Rouge, and the population accounts for 20 percent of the region. Though these neighborhoods comprise a significant portion of the regional population, they are also where social and economic challenges are concentrated with respect to transit, crime, and income as a result of disinvestment.
- Increase percentage of children ready for Kindergarten
- Increase percentage of children reading on level by 3rd grade
- Increase high school graduation rate
- Decrease percentage of families who spend more than 30 percent of household income on housing
- Increase positive community health and well-being
HAVE A QUESTION?
We’d love to hear from you! Whether you’re working on an application, want to share good news, or need to brainstorm a new idea, we appreciate every opportunity to visit and learn with you.
© 2018 Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation