JOIN OUR TEAM
VP of Place-Based Programming
The VP of Place-Based Programming is responsible for supporting the revitalization of disinvested and under-resourced areas within Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation’s geographic focus. The VP of Place-Based Programming will play a vital role in the implementation of the Foundation’s strategic plan. The VP of Place-Based Programming reports to the Executive Vice President of Philanthropy and has no direct reports.
The VP of Place-Based Programming provides oversight and leadership to the implementation of strategic initiatives.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Connects and builds trusting relationships with members of the communities served by being proximate and available to work proactively and respond when support is necessary
- Implements systemic community development and place-based philanthropy in collaboration with community
- Serves as the Foundation’s catalyst for supporting cooperative efforts among stakeholders
- Identifies and assists in the development of funding collaboratives for community revitalization
- Identifies the needs of and supports nonprofits serving designated areas
- Ensures that our grantmaking process is implemented with alignment to the goals of the Foundation within the subset of a place-based focus
- Establishes and maintains relationships with professional/philanthropic networks and associations to identify and implement best practices and new ideas
- Actively contributes to the synergy of the team and listens to ideas with an aim to improve processes and procedures that positively impact our program recipients
- Facilitates convenings among nonprofits serving designated places to ensure information is readily shared and collective action is taken
- Collaborates with Vice President of Population-based Programming where interests and goals align
- Maintains a positive and determined, yet humble approach to helping the Foundation meet basic human needs in the community
The above responsibilities are not arranged in order of priority and are not all inclusive. These duties are not meant to restrict initiative, but rather to describe minimum activities. These duties may change to meet the needs of the Foundation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficient in computer programs including Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of general office procedures and decorum
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate diverse groups
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple activities in a dynamic environment
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to collaborate and network with others to accomplish objectives
- Ability to successfully work independently and/or remotely
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in any area of study
Preferred: Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field of study
Minimum: 3+ years of experience with a philanthropic foundation and/or within a redevelopment capacity
Preferred: 5+ years of experience with program director responsibilities within a philanthropic foundation and/or within a redevelopment capacity
This position works in an office setting as well as remotely during normal business hours. There is an additional expectation and need for flexibility to attend nonprofit community events and convenings outside of business hours.
Please send resumes to Stephanie Ross at email@example.com and/or contact the Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation at 225-292-1344 with questions. Download a pdf version of this posting.
HAVE A QUESTION?
We’d love to hear from you! Whether you’re working on an application, want to share good news, or need to brainstorm a new idea, we appreciate every opportunity to visit and learn with you.
© 2018 Huey and Angelina Wilson Foundation